Monday, July 21, 2008

Or should I say the bank's house

Tonight I signed all the paper work for the house. Everyone told me that I would probably be having an anxiety attack while I was signing and would second guess myself, but this just feels right. My lawyer, who happens to be one of my best friend's husband, kept commenting on how calm I was. I think the Lord knew that I would need time, and so it took me over a year to find the right place and get my money together. Not to mention the 5 weeks of haggling over the price. As I was signing all the forms I couldn't help but think how unnecessary all this would be if everyone were honest.

I think I may also be starting to have decision overload. Between picking paint and counter tops and outlet covers, I'm starting to worry that I will make the wrong choice. I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter in the end, but I can't help being a little crazy.

2 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Wahoo!!!! A house-it is liberating and bondage all in one and YES to many decisions in the future with paint and counters and.... I want to be there to help you. I LOVE doing that kinda stuff when I have no time and no kids around, pretty much NEVER! I don;t doubt that you got yourself a good deal-you have always been thrifty that way! Wouldn't it be nice to have people be honest and ALLOT less paperwork-PILES of it! BTW-I will still come to your peanut butter sandwixh reception!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

So cool you are getting into your own place. It is so fun to make it your own. So glad you posted all the pictures. I love stuff like that.