Friday, January 22, 2010
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
Here is a low down of all the things I'm grateful for.
It was the coldest Thanksgiving in 50 years and I was outside selling girl guide(scout) cookies all day on Saturday.
- I'm thankful that I own 3 pairs of long underwear, 3 pairs of winter boots for different types of snow and cold, 8 different hats, 6 scarves, 4 pairs of gloves and mittens with some extras, and 7 winter coats(and I'm making a new one).
- I'm thankful that I have a new furnace that is keeping my house nice and toasty warm.
- I'm thankful for a programmable thermostat to save money.
- I'm thankful I have a closet full of blankets.
- I'm thankful for hot water that I can use to thaw myself out.
The car I rented got a flat tire and I couldn't leave the store where we were selling cookies because I was needed for leader to child ratios.
- I'm thankful for tow trucks that changed the tire and put the little doughnut on.
- I'm thankful to the girl from the car rental place that came to the other side of the city to switch out my car.
- I'm thankful for the new car that has seat warmers and a fantastic stereo.
I spend my entire Saturday selling cookies, by the end my back was killing me because I was bending over dealing with all the money and standing on concrete and I needed to finish my pies for dinner the next day.
- I'm thankful for takeout.
- I'm thankful for pay per view movies.
- I'm thankful for drugs, lots of drugs.
- I'm thankful my roommate peeled and sliced all the apples.
I have so many things to be thankful for. Yesterday, I had a very yummy dinner at my friend's house and today I had pumpkin pie for breakfast and I'm still in my pajamas and it's almost lunch.
I hope that everyone has a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving and know that I'm thinking about you.
Monday, September 21, 2009
To sum up:
On the home front I've dealt with the nightmare of the dealing with the condo board and finally got everything fix last weekend. I now need to put everything back.
On the dating front, "I'm looking for my fourth wife." Why would someone say that on a first date? And "If you voted for Obama or consider yourself a feminist you'er not the girl for me." I didn't vote for Obama because he is too conservative for me, besides I was too busy burning my bra.
On the work front, my organization is undergoing a major upheaval and while my group is secure, there is a lot uncertainty and the fighting in the media is awful.
On the health front, I had a scare and I had someone tell me that I'm "really getting fat".
But the fall is here and I'm starting anew. I've taken up swimming with a goal to swim 1650m. I'm taking a sewing class to make a coat. I'm moving to the teenagers with girl guides. So things should be better.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
I got lucking and was able to salvage the carpet, but not the carpet pad. I learned that you have to dry carpet from back to front so the glues that keep it together don't dissolve. So here's the pictures of the damage. My first indications that it was more than just some wet carpet.