Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cakes

My friend is getting married this summer in a small backyard wedding, and I'm making the cake. I've started with my experiments to find the perfect recipes for the cake and to work on my decorating skills.

This is my first try. A chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream icing. The icing was perfect, but the cake fell in the middle, so I'm still looking for a choloate cake recipe. I think is turned out will and was feeling pretty good about my skills. And then there was the disaster. A plain vanilla cake with lime icing. The cake was dry and the icing was way too runny and I could just add more icing sugar because it was a boiled icing.

2 comments:

kk Leilani said...

mmmm both cakes look really good. Can I come visit you and make cake! not kidding. Yum

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Yum, you are making me hungry! I have a great chocolate cake recipe that I use for almost every birthday... if you want it, let me know and I will type it up.