Monday, September 22, 2008

coffee+tylenol cold=survival

On top of the insanity of trying to finish unpacking and settling in, I've been travelling a tonne with work right now and there is no way I could survive without coffee and my tylenol cold. Many of you might wonder how the survival of a nice lds girl and coffee are related, so let me explain. There are lots of terrible smells on air planes. There was the lady who took off her shoes and the smell was a terrorist act as far as I was concerned and another flight had the awful throw up smell. And the worst part is there is no where to go. But fortunately I have discovered the miracles of coffee. I ask the flight attendent for a packet of coffee, take the plastic off, put it in hanging out over the seat pocket and voila, air freshner. The best part of the coffee is that it doesn't just mask the odours with coffee smell, it actually absorbes the odours. I think this must be the purpose God was thinking of when he created the coffee bean.

Given all the stress needless to say my body is losing the battle against of the viruses out there, but that is where the tylenol cold is saving me. I'm all about control symptoms at this point. I'm hoping that this is the end of the craziness with work, but it can be hard to sometimes.

4 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

who knew? Very interesting!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Coffee grounds strategically placed all over the house saved us from the AWFUL skunk smell right after we were sprayed!

kk Leilani said...

I actually really like the smell of coffee and I would defanitely take that over any foot funk any day. I didn't realize that coffee would be such a strong deorderizer. Good to know for a long flight home. You were a trooper. I loved this post. Much love

kk Leilani said...

uh...I mean deodorizer...