Friday, May 2, 2008

A special movie night

I just got back from the best friday night and I had to write right away. In my primary (sunday school) class, we have a goal to read from our scriptures every day and to complete the reading for our lesson each week. We get stickers for effort and additional ones for completion. After someone gets 30 stickers, they get to do one free activity of their choice with me. As luck would have it, Zoe, one of the girls in my class, and I both got 30 stickers at the same time. So we did home pizza and popcorn and a movie, The Chronicles of Narnia, at Zoe's house. Zoe showed me this very dangerous book called "The Girls book: How to be the Best at Everything" What makes in sooooo dangerous is the section on "How to persuade your parents to let you have a pet." And it works! And Zoe has the hampster to prove it. She was very understanding about me not wanting to touch it. We got a little carried away with talking about books. I love watching movies by myself, but there is something extra special about having someone's feet touch your leg or putting your arm around them and snuggling in to stay warm. At the end of the movie, when Aslan crowns the children and gives them their titles. I asked Zoe, what she would prefer to be known as: valiant, just, gentle or magnificant. She picked gentle and I would agree. The world needs more gentleness and Zoe is definitely going to provide that. Since I don't own a car, her mum drove me home and told me that Zoe had had a hard week and that our night together was something she had looked forward to. It was another example about how the Lord puts you in the right place to bless someone and then blesses you ten fold more for just being there. Spending time with Zoe filled up my soul and reminds me why I'm so grateful I get to go to primary.

5 comments:

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

sweet sweet story! This made me so happy to read. thanks for sharing such a tender experience!

Erin said...

Charlotte!
It's Erin Harvey (now Axelson)! How ARE you? I take it from your blog that your great! I'm so glad to know where you are and how you're doing!
What a sweet experience with Zoe! Isn't being a Primary teacher the BEST? (I just got released from being the President, but I've taught music a lot and Sunbeams 3 times too!) I love it!
My blog is http://axelsonadventures.blogspot.com
Miss you, girl!
Erin

Sunshine Promises said...

You are the best teacher EVER! How 'bout moving to UT? My girls are in need of some teacher TLC!

Love you, girl!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Well HELLO my sister friend. the primary is blessed to have you. I hope strong single sisters will always be a part of my childrens lives!!! PICTURES?!!!

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

wow you are inspiring me! I just got called to the primary again, and oh how I have missed it. You are awesome! I remember now how much I idolize you. :)