Monday, May 12, 2008

The Perils of a Busy Life

I have season tickets to the Opera and about a month ago was looking for someone to go with. So when my visiting teacher asked if there was anything she could do for me, I asked her to set me up. She came through big time and I had a great time with Nathan. Afterwards, he told her he was going to call me to ask me out and then there was nothing. I had pretty much written him off. You can imagine my surprise when he called tonight to ask me out for Wednesday night, but I have my last sewing class Wednesday. Then Nathan asks for for Tuesday night, but I'm doing math tutoring. (I exchange math tutoring for cleaning). I could hear in his voice that he thought I was just brushing him off. I tried to reassure him that that wasn't the case. So he asks for Thursday night and I have to go visiting teaching. After 3 tries, he gave up, which means that now I have to come up with something to do so I can ask him out, so he knows that I'm interested. I also had this awful realization that I'm busy every Friday and Saturday night for the next 3 weekends. Urg!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

SO frustrating! Which opera did you see?

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

Get on it sista:)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I'll go with you next time!! Except I think Nathan was the wiser choice. Soo take him visiting teaching! ha ha ha How about a daytime date or lunch? Dan and I went out and did not go out again for 3 weeks b/c we had already commited to other dates..patience is a virtue--just show him your interested w/ phone calls etc. until then!