Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rally Point???

In grade 9 gym I spent hours studying the rules. I had it figured out that if I got 100% in participation and in the written portion I could pass the class. My teacher even told me that knowing the rules would help me in real life because I could be scorekeeper for work intermurals.

Last night I was scorekeeper for the Corporate Challenge volleyball tournament. So there I was scoring away using the rules I learned in High School. All of a sudden, time outs are being called and people are freaking out. No one was yelling, but that's because you get kicked out if you yell, but you could tell they were doing some serious suppressing. It turns out that the rules for scoring have changed since 1990. Now it is Rally Point. After a quick lesson in new scoring rules, I was good to go.

But this does prove what I always suspected, that high school gym was completely pointless for me.

2 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

You are so funny!! ha ha ha Always perfect with rules!!

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

well, even if it useless now, it is more than I learned in high school gym. :)