Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dating Rants

I'm starting to really hate dating. Right now I'm completely freaking out. I just got back from my 3rd date with Nathan. I have no idea if he is into me or not. I have no idea if I have communicated effectively whether I'm into him without being one of those aggressive girls that I don't want to be. As I get to know him better, I get more stressed about not knowing exactly what is going on in his head. And then I get mad at myself, because it's a 3rd date. I hate that I feel just as insecure dating now as I did when I was in my teens and early 20's. I'm a strong independent women that can go and present to rooms full of highly educated people and be put on the spot and grilled about my work with ease and composure and I'm falling apart over a guy that is just a 3rd date. I should be through with this part of my life. URG!!!

4 comments:

T.Bailey said...

I have hated dating for a long time. It's okay. Guys are always going to be a mystery. I wish you the best in your dating endeavors. I hope that one day I can see your loving, yet sarcastic self again. You always put a smile on my face.

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

can't say that I miss that whole dating thing...although I do have so many fond memories of that time.

Janine said...

Persistence! I am doing a version of persistence at this moment too. Cora and I are in a battle royal to see who wins on her sleeping through the night tonight. It is 2 AM, I am trying to distract myself and decide how long to let her cry... BAH! love ya!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I do hate the 'in between stuff' and when I see people on first dates I am glad I am not there--this could be particularly hard for you b/c you know what you want and do it--the end! Keep us posted.